Welcome to MotherDuck Docs
MotherDuck is a managed DuckDB-in-the-cloud service. DuckDB is a fully featured, free, and open source in-process OLAP database developed and maintained by the DuckDB community and DuckDB Labs. MotherDuck is a separate organization closely partnering with DuckDB Labs to build a DuckDB-based cloud analytics service.
As a DuckDB user, you can connect to MotherDuck Beta to supercharge your local DuckDB experience with cloud-based manageability, persistence, scale, sharing, and productivity tools. MotherDuck runs on vanilla DuckDB, so you can use your existing DuckDB skills and tools to connect to MotherDuck.
🦆 With the current release of MotherDuck Beta you can:
- Load data into MotherDuck from your personal computer, https, or s3
- Join datasets on your computer with datasets on MotherDuck
- Leverage MotherDuck Beta using our three primary interfaces: the UI, standard DuckDB CLI, or standard DuckDB Python package
- Check out our other integrations (Golang, R, etc.), or use any existing DuckDB integration and connect through
- Share databases with your teammates
Questions ? Join the pond on our slack community!
At this point in time, MotherDuck supports only one version of DuckDB: v0.9.2