- 📝 Sign up for a free account
- 👇 Read this MotherDuck overview (you're here!)
- 🧭 Take a tour of the MotherDuck UI
- 🚀 Complete the MotherDuck tutorial
- 🖥️ Learn how to connect and query from the DuckDB CLI
- 📦 Learn how to connect and query from the Python DuckDB package
Questions? Join the pond on our slack community!
MotherDuck is a managed DuckDB-in-the-cloud service. DuckDB is a fully featured, free, and open source in-process OLAP database developed and maintained by the DuckDB community and DuckDB Labs. MotherDuck is a separate organization closely partnering with DuckDB Labs to build a DuckDB-based cloud analytics service.
As a DuckDB user, you can connect to MotherDuck to supercharge your local DuckDB experience with cloud-based manageability, persistence, scale, sharing, and productivity tools. MotherDuck runs on vanilla DuckDB, so you can use your existing DuckDB skills and tools to connect to MotherDuck.
- Use serverless DuckDB in the cloud to store data and execute DuckDB SQL
- Load data into MotherDuck from your personal computer, https, or cloud storage (e.g. Amazon S3 or Azure Cloud Storage)
- Securely save cloud storage credentials in MotherDuck
- Share databases with your teammates
- Check out our other integrations (Golang, R, etc.), or use any existing DuckDB integration and connect through
- Currently supports DuckDB v0.9.2