- Personal Information We Collect
- A. Personal Information You Provide to Us
- B. Personal Information We Collect When You Use Our Website
- How We Use the Personal Information We Collect
- How We Disclose the Personal Information We Collect
- Your Choices
- Third Parties
- Children’s Privacy
- International Visitors
- Contact Information
Personal Information We Collect
We may collect a variety of personal information from or about you or your devices from various sources, as described below.
A. Personal Information You Provide to Us
- Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive personal information about you. For example, when you contact us for more information about MotherDuck, we may receive your name, email address, the contents of a message that you may send to us, and other information you may choose to provide. If you subscribe to our newsletter, then we will collect certain information from you, such as your name, email address, and company name.
- Careers. If you decide that you wish to apply for a job with us, you may submit your contact information and your resume online. We will collect the information you choose to provide on your resume, such as your education and employment experience. You may also apply through LinkedIn. If you do so, we will collect the information you make available to us on LinkedIn.
B. Personal Information We Collect When You Use Our Website
- Location Information. When you use our Website, we infer your general location information, for example, by using your internet protocol (IP) address.
- Device Information. We receive information about the device and software you use to access our Website, including IP address, web browser type, and operating system version.
- Usage Information. To help us understand how you use our Website and to help us improve it, we automatically receive information about your interactions with our Website like the pages or other content you view and the dates and times of your visits.
- Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies. We and our third-party partners collect personal information using cookies, pixel tags, or similar technologies. Our third-party partners, such as analytics and advertising partners, may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across different services. Cookies are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to our Website.
Please review your web browser’s “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from our Website, you may not be able to utilize the features of our Website to their fullest potential.
How We Use the Personal Information We Collect
- To provide, maintain, improve, and enhance our Website;
- To understand and analyze how you use our Website and develop new products, services, features, and functionality;
- To communicate with you, provide you with updates and other information relating to our Website, provide information that you request, respond to comments and questions, and otherwise provide customer support;
- For marketing and advertising purposes, such as developing and providing promotional and advertising materials that may be relevant, valuable, or otherwise of interest to you;
- To generate deidentified or aggregated data;
- To find and prevent fraud, and respond to trust and safety issues that may arise;
- For compliance purposes, including enforcing our Terms of Service or other legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency; and
- For other purposes for which we provide notice at the time the personal information is collected.
How We Disclose the Personal Information We Collect
- Vendors and Service Providers. We may disclose any information we receive to vendors and service providers retained in connection with the provision of our Website.
- Analytics Partners. We may use analytics services such as Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data. These services may also collect information about your use of other websites, apps, and online resources. You can learn more about Google’s practices by visiting https://www.google.com/
policies/ privacy/ partners/. To help us understand how you use our Website and to help us improve it, we automatically receive information about your interactions with our Website, like the pages or other content you view and the dates and times of your visits.
- As Required by Law and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose your personal information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (a) comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (b) respond to your requests; or (c) protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety. For the avoidance of doubt, the disclosure of your personal information may occur if you post any objectionable content on or through our Website.
- Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. We may transfer or disclose your personal information to service providers, advisors, potential transactional partners, or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a corporate transaction in which we are acquired by or merged with another company, or we sell, liquidate, or transfer all or a portion of our assets.
- Consent. We may also disclose personal information from or about you or your devices with your permission.
- Marketing Communications. You can unsubscribe from our promotional emails via the link provided in the emails. Even if you opt out of receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us.
- Do Not Track. There is no accepted standard on how to respond to Do Not Track signals, and we do not respond to such signals.
We make reasonable efforts to protect your personal information by using physical and electronic safeguards designed to improve the security of the personal information we maintain. However, as no electronic transmission or storage of information can be entirely secure, we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your personal information.
Our Website is hosted in the United States (“U.S.”) and intended for visitors located within the U.S. If you choose to use our Website from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the U.S. for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your personal information from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating our Website. By providing any information, including personal information, on or through our Website, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about our processing activities, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
- MotherDuck Corporation
- 113 Cherry St
- PMB 77153
- Seattle, Washington 98104-2205